Friday, April 20, 2007

Rain rain go away ...

... don't come to me, just stay
On the fields, where farmers pray
Pour just there, if you may

Clearly, I'm not such a big fan of the rains. I'm not a good poet either :P

Suddenly a good looking weekend has been ruined by chances of a massive storm. And I thought, somebody once crooned 'It Never Rains in Southern California'! No wonder, we didnt hear much from him. If anything, he was definitely not much of a weather guy.

I was out for lunch today when it grew overcast and began pouring within the next few minutes. I thought 'Great! There goes my $15'. Luckily for me, I was indoors by then. As I watched from the inside, patiently waiting for my meal to arrive I could see people running all over the place. That's one thing I haven't yet figured out; what's the deal with running around when it is raining? Y're gonna get wet anyway! When you get to/from your car in 3 seconds as opposed to 5, how much of a soaking have you saved yourself from? 2 seconds worth, some smartass might answer, but can you tell a person who's been in the rain for 5 seconds from a person who's been there for 3?

So let it pour. As Robert Plant wrote for Led Zep,

"These are the seasons of emotion
and like the winds they rise and fall
This is the mystery of the quotient -
Upon us all a little rain must fall"

No comments: