Tuesday, April 3, 2007

मराठी असे अमुची मायबोली

I *really* want to be able to write in Marathi. However, my thought process fails me, my lack of propah vocab hampers and I am unable to pen my thoughts on to paper with any kind of fluency.

Wandering around in the blogospehere, I came across this blog and it fueled my urge further to be able to write in Marathi. I could give a tooth and an ear if I can effectively write with the apparent simplistic writing style that the author of this blog has.

When I come face to face with my fear of not being an able communicator in my own mothertongue is when the sh!t hits the fan. While I can manage daily spoken marathi very fluently and never have issues understanding it, it breaks my heart to know that I am losing command over one form of the language. To be fair to myself though, writ Marathi has completed it's 14 yr exile from my life. After I gave up Marathi for German in 8th grade, I have never ever written in Marathi, not that I can remember. Naturally, there is a huge void to fill in and it will take it's own sweet time.

Someday I hope to be able to get my thoughts back on track .. until then, Daim! Sh!t!! Sucks!!!

PS: Pardon my French in this post, it's the frustration!

No comments: